ADSM-L

NpPeek : no data with journaling

2003-02-13 15:21:06
Subject: NpPeek : no data with journaling
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:20:37 -0500
As mentioned, NpPeek messages in the b/a errorlog indicates that the b/a
client didn't receive an expected response from
the journal daemon, and if the backup didn't complete it probably means
that contact with the journal daemon was lost for
some reason (and possibly that the journal daemon process ended).

Did the Journal Daemon errorlog (jbberror.log) indicate anything unusual ?

If you can recreate this problem  email me directly and I'll try to work
thru it with you.

Regards, Pete

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on

chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/13/2003 06:06:59
AM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>