ADSM-L

Once Last Journal Question to Pete

2003-02-11 13:15:57
Subject: Once Last Journal Question to Pete
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:15:23 -0500
The limit is 255 but apar IC35394 was opened against a problem which causes
the journal daemon to crash
when configured with more than 15 drives (15 is ok, 16 or more crashes).

The fix for this should be included in the next ptf but you might want to
check with support to be sure.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
Tivoli Storage Solutions Software Development
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on

"Magura, Curtis" <curtis.magura AT LMCO DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 02/11/2003
12:59:55 PM

Sent by:    "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>