ADSM-L

Re: LTO 3583 drive problem.

2003-02-11 11:21:12
Subject: Re: LTO 3583 drive problem.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:20:12 -0500
>Does somebody know, what does error message : Operation failed with errno
>79: Connection refused
>mean? Where I can find information about this error number. ...

Know thy operating system.  "errno" is the Unix standard error number, as
enumerated in header file /usr/include/sys/errno.h and described in the
operating system documentation.  From my AIX notes:

ECONNREFUSED    79      Connection refused.
                        No connection could be made because the target machine
                        actively refused it. (That system is up, and its TCP/IP
                        is operating, but not the service.) This usually results
                        from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on
                        the foreign host.

 Richard Sims, BU