ADSM-L

Re: update default backup copy group

2003-02-11 03:47:16
Subject: Re: update default backup copy group
From: John Naylor <john.naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:45:36 +0000
Joni,
Changing the serialization of the backup copy group will have no impact to
current backup data.
Your backups may go slightly faster if you have had a lot of retries before.
Be aware of two things though.
1) There may still be certain files which cannot be opened for backup.
2) Depends on the data whether dynamic is a suitable serialization.
It is no good presenting the users with a backup if it is not usable on a
restore, so you/they need to test.
John

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com> on 02/10/2003 08:12:57 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>