ADSM-L

update default backup copy group

2003-02-10 15:26:02
Subject: update default backup copy group
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:12:57 -0500
Hi Everyone!

I have a request from users to change the management of their data to
backup open & closed files, which would be dynamic for the copy
serialization parameter of the backup copy group.  I want to change this
parameter for the default backup copy group.  I have looked in the book to
see what this will change, but it doesn't really say much.  If I change the
copy serialization, will it do anything to current data?  From my point of
view, as soon as I make this change all future backups will backup all
files on the server (whether the file is open or not).  Is this a correct
assumption?  Thank you!!!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com