ADSM-L

Re: summary-table

2003-02-10 10:14:34
Subject: Re: summary-table
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:13:34 -0800
> It's stuff like this that makes my shake my head in disbelief...
>
> The summary table was working fine will ALL my clients,
> regardless of version, when the server was 4.1.5.  After
> upgrading ONLY the server to 5.1.5. the byte counts in the
> summary table are Zeroes.

When I called support on this they originally told me I had to upgrade my
clients to fix it. Once I got a SQL statement that would show the TSM
version and amount backed up from Paul, I discovered that they had to be
full of it with their suggestion. What I discovered was that not only were
some versions coming back with data, other nodes with the same version were
coming back with zero's. To throw things off even further even other nodes
with the same version did not even show up on the list.

I too did not have a problem till I upgraded my server, at last count that
was ONE computer. So how is it that I now have to upgrade ALL 160+clients,
+1 server to fix it?

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer