ADSM-L

Re: PMR 02528, 082

2003-02-07 09:59:03
Subject: Re: PMR 02528, 082
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:51:22 -0600

From: William Rosette [mailto:Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM]
> Does any TSM gurus have any suggestions for our AIX admin

[donning my advocacy armor]
I still don't see any reason to create redundancy for the disk storage
pool. Unless you're not using a tape library, there's no reason for it.
The disk pool should get flushed to a more stable medium, and that flush
should take place fairly soon after the client backups to disk finish.
Why waste gobs of disk on something that's going to flushed clear every
day?

As far the db and log are concerned, just create volume copies with TSM
and make sure the copies are on disks that are on separate disks.

That's really all there is to it.