ADSM-L

Re: Restoring datasets from an OS/390 ADSM tape...using a foreign ADSM system...is it possible ??

2003-02-07 09:43:09
Subject: Re: Restoring datasets from an OS/390 ADSM tape...using a foreign ADSM system...is it possible ??
From: Dave Myers <DMyers AT DSGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:35:36 -0700
Clarification....the ADSM system on which these backup tapes were created
no longer exists.  Databases are gone.   Server is gone.
All's that's left are the tapes.

So..now...is this still possible using  your suggestions???

Dave Myers
Denver Solutions Group
Senior Systems Engineer
Office Phone:   (303) 996-7112
Cellular Phone: (303) 619-0782
Home Office:    (303) 948-0027
Fax:                  (303) 706.1713
e-mail: dmyers AT dsgroup DOT com

|--------+------------------------------------->
|        |          John Naylor                |
|        |          <john.naylor@SCOTTISH-SOUTH|
|        |          ERN.CO.UK>                 |
|        |          Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor  |
|        |          Manager"                   |
|        |          <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>     |
|        |                                     |
|        |                                     |
|        |          02/07/2003 04:48 AM        |
|        |          Please respond to "ADSM:   |
|        |          Dist Stor Manager"         |
|        |                                     |
|--------+------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                    |
  |      cc:
                             |
  |      Subject:     Re: Restoring datasets from an OS/390 ADSM tape...using a
foreign ADSM                 |
  |       system...is it possible ??
                             |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Dave
You could also use backupsets. which can be defined in and are then
available to
the new system
If you have a test system you could try restoring the database from the old
system, so your test system knows about the backup tapes, then restore to
your
new client, and your new client can then
be registered to your other system and can be backed up afresh.
Hmm!!  backupsets are probably simpler especially if you have cross system
tape
access.
I have done both the above a while ago, so they do work
John

PAC Brion Arnaud <arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com> on 02/07/2003 08:41:56 AM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>