ADSM-L

TSM copygroup settings

2003-02-06 17:39:33
Subject: TSM copygroup settings
From: Tommy Templeton <tommy.templeton AT MMRS.STATE.MS DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:37:49 -0600
Our organization would like to be able to have 30 days of backups to restore to
on production servers.
I had my "versions data exists" at 30 but I cut it back down due to tape
storage restraints. I have a
DBA that says he needs to have "Versions data deleted" at 10 due to
considerations he has with his AIX-SP2 system.
I have a request to up my settings back to 30 but I was wondering if there is a
way I can optimize these settings and still
get management what they want.
I have my copygroup setup this way currently:
  Operation Results

Policy    Policy    Mgmt      Copy      Versions Versions   Retain  Retain
Domain    Set Name  Class     Group         Data     Data    Extra    Only
Name                Name      Name        Exists  Deleted Versions Version
--------- --------- --------- --------- -------- -------- -------- -------
MMRS_DB-  ACTIVE    MMRS_DB-  STANDARD        20       10       25      50
 2_PD                2_DB_MC
MMRS_DB-  ACTIVE    MMRS_DB-  STANDARD        20       10       25      50
 2_PD                2_FS_MC
MMRS_DB-  MMRS_DB-  MMRS_DB-  STANDARD        20       10       25      50
 2_PD      2_PS      2_DB_MC
MMRS_DB-  MMRS_DB-  MMRS_DB-  STANDARD        20       10       25      50
 2_PD      2_PS      2_FS_MC
MMRS_ME-  ACTIVE    MMRS_ME-  STANDARD        20       10       25      50
 RLIN_PD             RLIN_MC
MMRS_ME-  MMRS_ME-  MMRS_ME-  STANDARD        20       10       25      50
 RLIN_PD   RLIN_PS   RLIN_MC
MMRS_NE-  ACTIVE    MMRS_NE-  STANDARD        15        3       25      50
 TWORK_-             TWORK_MC
 NONPRO-
 D_PD
MMRS_NE-  MMRS_NE-  MMRS_NE-  STANDARD        15        3       25      50
 TWORK_-   TWORK_PS  TWORK_MC
 NONPRO-
 D_PD
MMRS_NE-  ACTIVE    MMRS_NE-  STANDARD        20        3       25      50
 TWORK_PD            TWORK_MC
MMRS_NE-  MMRS_NE-  MMRS_NE-  STANDARD        20        3       25      50

 Tommy TempletonSenior System AdministratorDFA-MMRS601-359-3106e-mail -
templeton AT mmrs.state.ms DOT us