ADSM-L

Re: Domino Backup

2003-02-06 15:52:47
Subject: Re: Domino Backup
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:51:02 -0600
From: Amini, Mehdi [mailto:Mehdi.Amini AT VALUEOPTIONS DOT COM]
> We just got a Domino server installed on a WIN2K
> server.....What is a good backup practice.  Can we just do a
> Selective backup daily and will it be enough for recovery?

Pardon me if this is too pointed, but what do you mean by "enough"? What
are your business needs? What is your service level agreement (if you
have one)? What kind of traffic does your Domino server see? Are you
doing circular logging? How close to point of failure does your business
need to recover to?

You've got to have these (and other) questions answered before anyone
could give you an answer that is meaningful for you. If you need help
with this, you really should hire a professional to do it right.