ADSM-L

Re: Discrepancy between "select * from summary" and dsmaccnt.log

2003-02-06 11:23:24
Subject: Re: Discrepancy between "select * from summary" and dsmaccnt.log
From: Matt Simpson <msimpson AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:01:08 -0500
At 3:23 PM +0100 2/6/03, Peter Duempert wrote:

My assumption was these 2 numbers should be equal.

BUT I've cases in which "num_bkup=1017" and "num_acnt=1644" for the same
node in the same time-period, i.e. they differ significantly.

Generally I found that
        num_bkup < num_acnt
Only in rare cases I found
        num_bkup = num_acnt"

Questions:
1.      Is my assumption correct that these 2 #-s should be identical ?
2.      has anyone else experienced such a behaviour ?

I've seen something similar.  I was trying to get some info from
summary to produce a report of when each node was last backed up.
The info I got via "select from summary where activity='BACKUP'"
seemed to be incomplete.  I opened a problem with TSM support and was
informed that it's a known bug

The problem you are describing is a known issue with TSM servers
and clients at versions 4.2.2.x and above. The APARs that describe
this are IC33840 for the client and IC34693 for the TSM server.
Both a client fix and a server fix need to be applied.

That might be what's causing your problem.
--

Matt Simpson --  OS/390 Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300