ADSM-L

Large NT file cause log to fill-up?

2003-02-05 10:52:40
Subject: Large NT file cause log to fill-up?
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 10:52:15 -0500
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if it is possible for the backups of the onsite tape pool
to a copy pool to have the ability to cause the recovery log to fill if it
is copying a 200+ GB file?  The file is a collection of event logs from WIN
servers.  Every day it is writing one very large file (I've noticed it gets
to almost 300GB), and then when I am doing a tape to tape copy my log fills
at a tremendous rate.  My log is in normal mode.  I have TSM server 4.1.3
on os/390.  Lately I have also been running expiration at the same time and
of course I am doing other backups of tape pools and other administrative
jobs.  Could my log just be filling up because it is running expiration,
reclamation, etc. at the same time? Thanks in advance for any advice you
might have!!!!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com