ADSM-L

Upragde of TSM TDP R3 and HSM , Any Doc, help or experience

2003-02-05 10:04:24
Subject: Upragde of TSM TDP R3 and HSM , Any Doc, help or experience
From: Jamshid Akhter <jamshid_akhter AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:04:28 -0500
Hi ,
I have an existing TSM SAP R3 Client and a HSM client . Both are having
client version AIX 4.3.3.0 and TSM client 4.1.2
We recently upgrade our TSM Server from ver 4 to 5.1.5 My TSM Server and
Client are running  AIX ver 4.3.3.
TSM TDM R3 (oracle) ver is lslpp output
tivoli.tsm.tdp_r3.oracle.aix43.32bit

3.2.0.6  COMMITTED  Tivoli Data Protection for R/3 (Oracle)

HSM
Though my server is running TSM 5.1.5 but I have not updated the Client on
this machine.
This machine is running HSM "tivoli.tsm.client.hsm.jfs.aix43.32bit" .
I am not sure How the upgrade should proceed.
I know HSM is included in base but how it is going to effect my Running HSM.
Do I need to stop (How) the HSM and Then Restart (HOW). Is there will be
outage for the file available to user via HSM.

Any Help will be appriciated.

Jamshid Akhter
Mississauga Canada.