ADSM-L

Re: Why so many Filling tapes?

2003-02-04 08:56:34
Subject: Re: Why so many Filling tapes?
From: John Wright <John.J.Wright AT GSK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:33:17 +0000
Depends how many tape drives you have and how many migration is set to use
I would have thought.
If there are four drives and migration is allowed to use them all it will.
Therefore four tapes will be mounted but its unlikely all will be written
to fully leaving you with several filling tapes as opposed to one full.

Also it must be quicker for it to stream to multiple drives as opposed to
one.

Cheers
John

"Roger Deschner" <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>

04-Feb-2003 01:03