ADSM-L

Why so many Filling tapes?

2003-02-04 02:55:22
Subject: Why so many Filling tapes?
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:03:51 -0600
I have a non-collocated sequential (tape) storage pool. Why should there
ever be more than one tape in Filling status? I have four. Why can't it
fill one up and then start another? These are Super-DLT tapes, so each
one means something - 200gb compressed.

I understand why I have lots of Filling tapes in a collocated tape pool
- that's the whole idea of collocation. But this is happening in a
non-collocated tape pool.

== "Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending ===
===== the rest of the week debugging Monday's code." -Dan Salomon ======