ADSM-L

Re: TSM Question

2003-02-03 09:43:49
Subject: Re: TSM Question
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 08:42:59 -0600
Remember that each version of every file you keep take something like 600
bytes in your database.
You are effectively saying you have up to 1830 versions of every file (5
years times 366 days per year).
Times say 5000 files per system, and 600 bytes per version, is about 5.2 gig
of database space per
server.  Now how many servers are you backing up? (most of our servers have
over 10000 files on them
that we back up.