ADSM-L

WEB Client install fails on NT cluster server

2003-02-02 23:29:49
Subject: WEB Client install fails on NT cluster server
From: prasanna S ghanekar <gpresy AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 23:29:04 -0500
Folks,

Based on the Expert advice, I followed all instructions to configure and setup
TSM Backup client for NT cluster server.Then, I moved on to setup Web client in
Cluster environment. As the manual says, I used "DSMCUTIL" to install services
and not the setup wizard. Also, I was cautious in looking at the Group and Node
ownership on the cluster while installing these services.

Here is what happens,

DSMCUTIL installed services on both nodes but when you try to start those, I
get "incorrect parameter" and the services do not start.

Is there any workaround ? I did test the backups for physical nodes and cluster
node using scheduler service and it went fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Prasanna Ghanekar
EDS GMTG MI