ADSM-L

Re: Backup of Windows DHCP.mdb

2003-01-31 14:28:50
Subject: Re: Backup of Windows DHCP.mdb
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:27:42 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]
On Behalf Of Lawrie Scott - Persetel Q Vector
> I have TSM 5.1.5 both server and client for windows 2000.
> When I back up my one server with the DHCP.mdb file on it
> this file fails as it is an open file. How can I back up this
> file or at least ensure that it is getting backed up in some
> other way.

The box you describe is probably your DHCP server, right?

The data contained in \winnt\system32\dhcp is backed up when you back up
the client's system objects. Your client option file should contain the
following entries:

        exclude *:\winnt\system32\dhcp\...\*
        exclude *:\winnt\system32\wins\...\*

Read your TSM client manual; it goes into detail about what should be
excluded.