ADSM-L

Re: System Object / Mgmt. Classes / Policy Sets / Backup Groups - - What's the best way??

2003-01-31 12:16:31
Subject: Re: System Object / Mgmt. Classes / Policy Sets / Backup Groups - - What's the best way??
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:01:21 -0600
I've read through this thread and need to implement as our retention for WIn2k
is 180 Current and Deleted.  I have created the separate management class and
pointed it to the copy group etc.  My question is what is the proper syntax to
add the client opt to an existing client option set on the TSM server side as
it would be impossible to have our Intel platform admins make a dsm.opt change
to 200+ WIn2k boxes.

I tried the following syntax but get no where.  Someone had mentioned they did
do the Server side inclexcl statement.

upd clientopt INCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECTS ALL SYSTEM_OBJECTS
        Invalid option sequence number - SYSTEMOBJECT.

upd cliento intel INCLEXCL SYSTEMOBJECT SYSTEM_OBJECTS 0
        ANR2023E UPDATE CLIENTOPT: Extraneous parameter - 0.

upd clientopt intel INCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECTS ALL SYSTEM_OBJECTS
ANR2195E UPDATE CLIENTOPT: Invalid option sequence number - ALL.

Thank You!!!!