ADSM-L

TSM on AIX.

2003-01-31 10:55:25
Subject: TSM on AIX.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:48:48 -0500
Hello everyone,

 I was wondering if you would be willing to share some information with me.
We are looking at the possibility of moving our TSM server running on
OS/390 2.10 to AIX. We have a TSM server 4.2.1.9 backing up 200 clients and
nightly and about 220GB of data, data base is 37.5GB at 50% utilization.
What I am looking for is real numbers for AIX.

     RS/6000 model
     AIX version
     TSM version
     # of clients
     amount of data
     DB size.

 There have been all kinds of different recommendations as to how this box
should be configured from using SP nodes to a P-690 so I am looking for
some real world working TSM environment numbers.

 Any information can be sent to me directly at the e-mail address listed
below.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281