ADSM-L

Extended SAP BR restore

2003-01-29 18:01:25
Subject: Extended SAP BR restore
From: Geoff Raymer <geoff.raymer AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:59:54 -0600
TSM client api version 4.2.2.1 running on Solaris 6 with SAP 4.6D
Backed up using TDP/R3 version 3.2.0.1 and BRBackup.

I ran a 450 gig backup to disk in about 2 hours, but the restore from this
backup took over 20 hours to complete.  The problem that I think I am
running into is how the data is streamed to one tape during migration.  When
the restore runs, one session gets the tape, and the others have to wait on
it to finish before they can get the information that they need.

Please let me know if any of you have seen this problem before and if there
is an easy way to fix it.

Thanks,
Geoff Raymer
EDS