ADSM-L

Re: Problems with IBM 3584-L32 library with IBM prelabeld LTO cartridges

2003-01-29 09:25:37
Subject: Re: Problems with IBM 3584-L32 library with IBM prelabeld LTO cartridges
From: Michael McCardle <mmccardle AT KEYSPANENERGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:10:46 -0500
Yes, even though the tapes are supposed to be "pre-labled" TSM will put
a ADSM header on the tape. We always checkin new tapes using the "Label
Libvol" command with the checkin=yes parameter. Hope this helps.

Kilchenmann Timo wrote:

Dear all,

We run into the following problem:

Bought 80 additional labeled LTO cartridges through IBM. Inserted the
cartridges into the library. BUT the library/picker is not able the get the
cartridges out of the slots nor the tape drives. Doing the procedure by
hand I found out, that I need to apply allot of force.

I opened a hardware call. IBM guy showed up, updated microcode on library
and drives. The guy told me that the problems with the cartridges are our
business - not his or IBM's. I responded back that both the library and the
cartridges are from IBM! - no good :-(.

Has anyone out there experienced similar problems? How were the problems
solved?

Timo Kilchenmann     E-Mail  timo.kilchenmann AT bechtle DOT ch
                    Phone   +41 1 843 34 91 (direct)
Bechtle Data AG      or      +41 1 843 32 32
Bahnstrasse 58/60    Telefax +41 1 843 34 24
CH-8105 Regensdorf   Mobile  +41 79 417 43 55
Switzerland          http://www.bechtle-data.ch