ADSM-L

Re: DISK STGPOOL

2003-01-28 12:45:10
Subject: Re: DISK STGPOOL
From: Jamshid Akhter <jamshid_akhter AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:44:29 -0500
Make sue you have disk space available by using df -k
Go to the directory where you would like to create the disk volume. just to
checkavailable disk sapce,
 if you are sure you can skip this and go to the tsm , Read Command define
volume if you would like have complete understadning
Otherwise the below process will work just fine, in example below I have
created a testvol of 7 MB , if you wants 7GB then enter 700 .
Good Luck
tsm: AIX_ADSM_SERVER>

tsm: AIX_ADSM_SERVER>define vol backup_dasdpool /lv22_23_24_25/testvol
formatsiz=7 access=readw

ANR2491I Volume Creation Process starting for /lv22_23_24_25/testvol,
Process Id 2360.

tsm: AIX_ADSM_SERVER>q vol /lv22_23_24_25/testvol

Volume Name Storage Device Estimated Pct Volume

Pool Name Class Name Capacity Util Status

(MB)

/lv22_23_24_25/testvol BACKUP_DAS- DISK 7.0 0.1 On-Line

DPOOL