ADSM-L

Help Restoring a Filesystem

2003-01-28 10:26:59
Subject: Help Restoring a Filesystem
From: Theresa Sarver <tsarver.IFMC AT SDPS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:25:34 -0500
Hi all;

Environment:
AIX 433 ML10
TSM 415

We just went through migrating all of our data from one EMC SYMM to a newer
SYMM and I inadvertantly copied one 50GB filesystem onto 1 old disk and 1 new
disk...so you can guess what happened when we shutdown the old SYMM.  ...my
bad....

Anyway, I [forced] varyon'd the volume group, renamed the old filesystem:
/old/c2f1n5in/u07/crcpro

I created a new volume group and a filesystem:
/c2f1n5in/u07/crcpro

However, when I do a "q occ" from within Tivoli - I do see my 50GB filesystem
out there:
C2F1N5EX          Bkup  /c2f1n5i-   3590EPOOL         206  53,420.48  53,420.48
                         n/u07/crcpro

But when I try to restore the "/c2f1n5in/u07/crcpro" filesystem either through
the dsm-GUI or the dsmc-CLI -- it says that there is nothing in it.  ???

I went through a dry run yestereday (prior to creating the new filesystem) and
everything looked good.  So I'm not sure how to get this data restored at this
point - can anyone assist me?

Thank you;
Theresa