ADSM-L

VERY HIGH %SYS CPU

2003-01-28 08:38:15
Subject: VERY HIGH %SYS CPU
From: "Broderick, Sean" <Sean.Broderick AT IRL.XEROX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:11:37 -0000
Hi,

The CPU usage (%sys) is extremely high, like 80 - 90%, on the TSM server
(Sun V880 running TSM v5.1.5) during the backup window. Particularly when
TDP R3 clients are attempting their SAP backups via backint / brbackup and
as such the throughput is extremely poor (<9MB/s direct to disk cache via
gigabit network).

The culprit for the high cpu usage is dsmserv and seems to be eating system
resources at the expense of I/O and user. So bascially I'm looking for
recommendations, best practices or experience of the TDP R3 agent to try and
resolve this issue.

BufPoolsize = 512000
LogPoolsize = 8192
MaxSession = 200