ADSM-L

Re: TSM v4.2 end of support

2003-01-27 06:05:09
Subject: Re: TSM v4.2 end of support
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:02:27 +0200
Nathan,

people reading at least 5-10% of the (huge number of) ADSM-L postings
already know:
-       v4.2 will be out of support soon
-       when exactly it will be out of support
-       what goes on with v5.1
-       the "stable" and "not-so-stable" maintenances/patches of ITSM v5.1
etc., etc.

So many of the subscribers of this list know already how to do the TSM
stuff and in case of problems get support from the list. I am trying to
say you many of them can do their job *without* using your services at
all. Now lets have a look what are you offering anyway:
-       "... a new unique business model with Tivoli ..." - so many companies
offer TSM with installation and support and
hardware and whatever you want ... There is nothing unique in your offer.
Even the mail list spamming was invented by someone else.
-       looking what is the company offering - redirected by the URL in
your signature I reached a page at
(http://pathfindertech.protectedsite.net/) titled "Site Not Found" with
very explanatory content "No web site is configured at this address."
-       trying to look at the person making the offer I had some
"success":
--              my personal ADSM-L archive (all posts I received during
last 18 months) returned no hits for both "nathan" and "norrgard"
--              searching at ADSM.ORG there were numerous posts from
<NNorrgard AT LIBERTY-BANK DOT COM> and <nathan23 AT HOME DOT COM> from 1999
and 2000.
Mainly posts were questions not answer and due to "vague documentation".
Were they RTFM or not I do not know - had no time to check them all (but
some left me with the impression).

If you have something to add to the discussion you can both in private (my
address is shown) or publicly (to the list). But you need many arguments
to change Eric's and my opinion - shameless advertising, period!

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Nate Norrgard <nate.norrgard AT PATHFINDERTECHGROUP DOT COM>
27.01.2003 05:15