ADSM-L

Re: Linux client

2003-01-24 20:45:13
Subject: Re: Linux client
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:44:38 +0100
On vrijdag, jan 24, 2003, at 18:24 Europe/Amsterdam, John Bremer wrote:

*SMers,

Does anyone out there have any experience running the current Tivoli
5.1.5
Linux client on Linux kernel 2.5.x ?  I realize the documentation
states
support is at Linux kernel 2.4.x.

Thanks.  John

John,

I assume you are aware that the 2.5 kernel-tree is currently very
unstable, so not to be used for anything worth backing-up.

Having said that, why not just give it a try? Things won't break,
usually, TSM does not really break into the fs as bad as you'd maybe
think, and the vfs layer has not changed that badly...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams