ADSM-L

Re: Q: Reread the Discpool-Cache files

2003-01-24 01:38:59
Subject: Re: Q: Reread the Discpool-Cache files
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:38:53 -0800
Just a suggestion here - maybe some of the other members of the listserv
can comment as to whether or not this would work:

1. update the stgp you have defined so that cache=NO. This does not clear
the cache out.
2. Stop all backup processing.
3. Migrate down to 0 - this leaves only your cached files.
4. Do Move Data commands on all the disk volumes to a new storage pool.
This picks up all the cached data.
5. Define a new copy storagepool, and do a backup stgp of the new primary
disk storagepool to the new copypool.