ADSM-L

Re: tsm db question

2003-01-23 14:41:57
Subject: Re: tsm db question
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:40:33 +0200
Unless the "table" is very small it usualy is spread on (nearly) all
volumes. Table records are physically located on pages and each page might
be on different volume. If later the volume is deleted all pages residing
on it are moved to other dbvols.
I am writing "table" because what we see in TSM admin interface is more
similar to views in RDBMSes - read-only representation of one or more real
tables.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
23.01.2003 20:49