ADSM-L

Re: NT restore to different hardware

2003-01-23 12:13:32
Subject: Re: NT restore to different hardware
From: Kyle Payne <kpayne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:55:24 -0600
You can restore both NT4.0 and Win2K to different hardware.  We have
developed the procedures to do both and have done it many times.  What made
the research hard was the lack of 1 place to go to find the information
needed.  In the end I had to use rebooks, TSM Manuals and MS knowledge base
articles.  In addition a lot of testing.  If someone was in a critical
situation then I would be happy to work with them offline to help them get
this done.  However, do to the investment made in the procedures I can't
post them to the list.  Sorry.

If you want further information please contact me directly at
kpayne AT berbee DOT com.

Kyle