ADSM-L

Re: Where is "ASK Tivoli" now?

2003-01-22 12:49:44
Subject: Re: Where is "ASK Tivoli" now?
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:48:48 -0800
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Salak Juraj [mailto:j.salak AT ASAMER DOT AT]
> Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 9:29 AM
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: Where is "ASK Tivoli" now?
> Hi Gerhard,
> Tivoli pages will go down in some time.

All,
Thought I would pass this on as an FYI to thread. I got this email a few
days ago.

Geoff,
January 17, 2002 - The countdown continues.   Tivoli.com will be turned off
in 14 days

Dear Valued Support Customer,

Over the past year, Tivoli support has migrated all content from the
Tivoli.com support Web site to the IBM Online Software Support site on
IBM.com (http://www.ibm.com/software/support/). The migration of support
content is now complete. The sunset date for all of www.Tivoli.com is now
set at 02/01/2003.   See the marketing communications update on this event
at http://www.tivoli.com/migration/ for more details.

This sunset date for Tivoli.com has been extended to allow more time for
users to successfully register on IBM.com for support.

Tivoli.com support and marketing, will be replaced with web browser
re-directs on February 1, 2003

As part of this migration, all current support customers are required to
re-register on the new site. If you have not already re-registered, you
will need to complete this process.    If you have been migrated to a
Passport Advantage agreement, please use the customer number assigned to
your PA contract.   If you have not been migrated to a PA agreement, then
use your Tivoli ID and Password only when completing the maintenance
agreement section of the registration.

Customers will experience many benefits from the support migration,
including access to:
*     A single IBM Web site for support information on all Software Group
products
*     A personalization feature 'Mysupport' that allows you to customize
the information you receive when logged-on to IBM.com.
*     'Mysupport' now provides weekly email notifications, by product of
all alerts posted.

are making the following changes:
*     Publications are now available in a left navigation bar, called
Library.    This web page, has a toggle link that allows you to group the
list of manuals in two different ways.   One is 'Product Marketing View',
which is alphabetized and the other is 'Product Index View', which provides
grouping by Marketing category.   We hope this meets your needs in
providing an easier method of locating your interests.
*     The downloads documents are being improved to support HTTP downloads.
This work is not complete, but we are planning to have this available on
February 1st.    You will continue to have FTP downloads as well.

Some key differences exist between the sites on how to access and view
content, and the site navigation.  To help answer the common questions we
receive, a new area Web Site FAQ, has been created in the left navigation
bar and can be found at the URL
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/Support_Site_FAQ.html

Thank you for your continued use of Tivoli products. We look forward to
continuing to serve your support needs in our new online home.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC