ADSM-L

tsm device driver does not start on boot !

2003-01-22 05:20:13
Subject: tsm device driver does not start on boot !
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:19:38 +0000
Hi all

I'm implementing a new TSM server on win2k. Its attached to 2 3584 tape
libraries with 10 drives.

Server is at SP3
TSM Server is at 5.1.5.4
adsmscsi is at 5.1.5.8

The problem I'm getting is on reboot of the server. The TSM device driver
does not start, even though it is set to boot, which means the 3584
libraries can not be initialised. When I start the device driver manually it
comes up and the libraried are initialised. I do not have any problems with
the tape drives that are controlled by the native device drivers.

In the windows event log it shows the message that the Adsmscsi failed to
start with an event id of 7026.

Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?

Regards

Chris