ADSM-L

Tape Requests Never Mounting

2003-01-21 21:41:37
Subject: Tape Requests Never Mounting
From: Mitch Sako <msako AT CADENCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:39:22 -0800
I have a new 5.1.5 test server running on Linux that puts up mount requests for
migrations to a set of 4mm manual drives and the server is never acknowledging
that
the tape is mounted and therefore never starts the migration.  I noticed that
when
I was doing manual labeling that the first few requests were not being serviced
but
they magically started acknowledging the tape in the drive and the labeling
process
continued as normal.

I've checked the device class, path, drive and all of the other relavent things
and
they all look clean.  Proof of this to me is that the labels were put on the
tapes
just fine.  Now, when I test migration the drives never acknowledge the tapes.

I'm thinking that there is some switch or setting that I need to toggle to make
this work.

Any ideas?

-ms