ADSM-L

Re: Exclude filesystem on Solaris

2003-01-21 11:00:00
Subject: Re: Exclude filesystem on Solaris
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:59:36 -0500
>When I issue that command, I get the following out put which does say
>that /mnt/stats is excluded. But if I run a gui backup, it doesn't
>appear to be. ...

Let's be more definitive, please, in this technical forum; which is to
say, either the backup shows it excluded, or not.
Assuming that the GUI session was started after the options file was
updated to exclude the file system, then it should be excluded.  If
it did not get excluded, then that would be a defect: you could try
advancing to a later client level, particularly given that your server
is at a higher version number than your client.
Doing 'dsmc q f' should show if the filespace was backed up.

   Richard Sims, BU