ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange Scheduler Problem

2003-01-21 10:46:58
Subject: TDP for Exchange Scheduler Problem
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:43:50 -0800
All,

I installed the TSM Exchange agent in a clustered Windows 2000
environment.  Everything worked well until I tried to have the Cluster
Administrator launch the Exchange agent process.  When we started the
process it caused the Exchange server to bounce back and forth between
nodes.  This is the command that I used to install the service:

dsmcutil inst /name:"TDP forExchange Scheduler" /node:xxxx
/password:yyyy /autostart:no  /optfile:"C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\dsm.opt" /startnow:no /clusternode:yes

But after looking at "Using TSM in a Clustered Windows NT Environment
Redbook" I found that there is a /group option as well.  Should I use
this flag for an Exchange agent or is it just for the backup-archive
client?

Here is my new command:

dsmcutil inst /name:"TDP forExchange Scheduler" /node:xxxx
/password:yyyy /autostart:no /optfile:"C:\Program
Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\dsm.opt" /startnow:no /clusternode:yes
/group:(cluster_network_name)

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark