ADSM-L

Statistical data LANFREE

2003-01-17 06:06:59
Subject: Statistical data LANFREE
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit AT BAYERBBS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:05:45 +0100
Hi,
has anyone got any statistical info on how many GB/hour a LANFREE setup can
backup / restore with multiple mount points available to the storageagent.
It would be highly appreciated if you clould give me a short summary of your
setup, because we use different SAN technologies, such as Compaq, EMC, and would
like to implement LANFREE backup for these systems. The TSM servers run on 2
different platforms AIX and W2k.
Another question would be if anyone uses a LANFREE backup / restore solution
where 2 TSM servers are involved each sharing each others Library for copypool
backup?
Please only real figuers, which are actually observed in real life, no
theoretical numbers.
Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Markus Veit