ADSM-L

tsm database unload question

2003-01-16 10:21:53
Subject: tsm database unload question
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:00:22 -0500
Hey Fellow TSMer's,

      We were attempting to perform a database unload of a 55 gig TSM
database yesterday. During the unload the output on the screen said:
"number database entries unloaded". How do you find out how many database
entries a database has in total. Unfortunately the TSM database unload
operation does not provide you with much as far as number of number
progress output or an animated bar or something. If there's a formula we
could use to find out how many entries there are or ballpark that would be
great. This way when we try this again we can pin out a better time line.

      Also after 7 hours and 400 million dumped database entries later the
unload operating just paused.... Any ideas?. Any suggestions would be
appreciated thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein
Unix Systems Administrator (Sungard eSourcing)