ADSM-L

Re: recovery log filling up rapidly: Please help: EMERGENCY!!!! !

2003-01-16 10:24:31
Subject: Re: recovery log filling up rapidly: Please help: EMERGENCY!!!! !
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:41:32 -0500
I've seen the log fill in Normal if you have a client running that's not
sending commits often enough.  Clients with NICs set to Autonegotiate, then
ending up at 100/Half Duplex (or 10/Half duplex, a couple of times) will
"pin" the log due to not getting to a commit point.  Add in expiration on
an active TSM server, and your log can fill up fast.  Also, I believe the
log doesn't commit during a database backup operation, so if that takes an
extended period of time (wait for mount point, then large database to
send), you can get the log pretty full.

Nick Cassimatis

Today is the tomorrow of yesterday.