ADSM-L

tcpwindowsize, tcpbuffsize

2003-01-15 16:19:51
Subject: tcpwindowsize, tcpbuffsize
From: "Conko, Steven" <sconko AT ADT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:19:16 -0700
we're running AIX 4.3.3 server and clients. server is TSM V4.2.2, clients
are generally 4.2 as well.

what should we have our tcpwindowsize and tcpbuffsize set to? i know the
suggested size is 64 and 32 respectively, but the book mentions increasing
them if the resources are available. i have inherited this system and many
server have these values at 2048 and 512. the server tcpwindowsize is set to
1048576. should i consider changing these to the recommended values for
better performance?