ADSM-L

Re: Non-empty volume with no content

2003-01-14 12:38:13
Subject: Re: Non-empty volume with no content
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:35:27 -0600
I encountered this once before. It wouldn't delete it. DELETE VOL
DISCARDDATA=YES said no data to discard, but then it didn't delete it.
AUDIT VOL said everything is fine, what are you bothering me for? A
simple server restart cleared it up for me.

IBM: Please don't go rush out and fix this in a panic unless you happen
to be in this area. If I were to actually report it, it would definitely
be "Sev 4". Low impact and easily circumvented. There are more important
things to pay attention to.