ADSM-L

Re: Is there a limit on the amount of data an NT client can backup ?

2003-01-10 07:09:57
Subject: Re: Is there a limit on the amount of data an NT client can backup ?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 05:07:15 -0700
There are not known limitations on the amount of data to be backed up that
would contribute to a hang. Network problems are one fairly common cause
of hangs, though I would think you would eventually get some kind of
network error. You might consider upgrading to the latest TSM client patch
level (5.1.5.7) to see if the problem may have been addressed via a bug
fix. Beyond that, if the problem persists, I would recommend that you
contact IBM support for assistance.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Nick Rutherford <Nick.Rutherford AT HONDA-EU DOT COM>
01/10/2003 03:15