ADSM-L

Experience with library Compaq MSL5026

2003-01-10 05:58:53
Subject: Experience with library Compaq MSL5026
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:59:17 +0100
Hi All,
I have a customer who has a quit a few problems with his library/drives
(Compaq MSL5026/SDLT  drives - single module, 2 drives) and TSM.
I cannot isolate a single source of the errors, but we're getting all kinds
of I/O errors.(Media errors, read/write errors, changer failures.)
There are big problems when doing operations that requires to read from one
drive and write to the other (space reclamation, move data).

I know this is not very precise, but for starters, I would like to know if
any of you out there has had any experience with this library, and if it
works fine - what version TSM/TSM Devicedriver, and what firmware are you
using for library and drives?

The TSM server/driver in this case is v. 4.2.1.7, and library and drives are
running under TSM's device driver.

Best regards
Geirr G. Halvorsen