ADSM-L

Re: restoring corrupted volume

2003-01-09 20:56:14
Subject: Re: restoring corrupted volume
From: Sunil Nair <sunfrb AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:55:40 -0800
Could you help me this ..

TSM 4.2.1 Server .

Client Ver 4.2.2.

 I am facing a very odd problem with TSM. The TSM Server is running on a AIX
operating system. The O/S Level on the Operating System is 4.3.3.  The client
windows 2000 was upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2.1 on the tsm side and as 4.2.2 does
have Unicode filespace , the old filespace had to be renamed on the TSM Server
, now once I renamed it , I am backing up all the other filespace but the only
thing which TSM Server comes without backing up is the system object filespace.
It gives this error on the client side: Since the system Object filespace was
not allowing me to rename it , i removed the same and now it does not backup
and gives me this error message on the TSM Client and no error on the TSM
Server log.

The TSM data base says J1P303(nodename) is WinNT 5.00, TSM client Version 4,
Release 2, Level 2.0, and J1P304(nodename) is WinNT 5.00, TSM client Version 4,
Release 1, Level 2.0.

ANS1228E: 01/07/2003 01:58:55 fsCheckAdd: unable to update filespace on server.

There is nothing else being backed up during this schedule for this node.