ADSM-L

Re: TSM backup command line

2003-01-09 08:21:35
Subject: Re: TSM backup command line
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:21:00 -0500
Bernard,

I can't think of a direct way to prevent a node from performing
an incr backup.

Here is a work around.

>From the TSM server lock that node. This will prevent the node
from accessing the server.

Set up an two admin schedule.
First schedule to unlock the node, so that schedule backup can
be done.
Once the schedule backup finsh, have another admin schedule to
issue lock node.

Hope this helps or give you some ideas.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , Bernard Rosenbloom (brosenbl AT OPTONLINE DOT NET) wrote:

> We have an end-user that accesses the TSM backup client
command line on
> our TSM INTEL clients (4.2.1.30) and runs the dsmc i command
to start
> maual backups on servers that failed scheduled backups the
previous
> night. He is the System Administrator on the INTEL boxes so
we can't
> prevent him from acessing the TSM command line.
> We don't want the want the incremental backup to run. Anybody
have any
> ideas on what TSM measures we can take prevent the backup
from running