ADSM-L

Re: TSM backup command line

2003-01-09 07:13:26
Subject: Re: TSM backup command line
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 04:07:42 -0800
I take it you have a specific reason why don't you want him running
(completing) a night's backup ?
If it is only due to files that change frequently being backed up a second
time within a day, you could look into setting the backup copy group's
frequency to 1.  (all depends on specifically you are wanting to stop)
You could do something like have an admin schedule that would lock the node
in the morning and unlock it just prior to its next backup (but that can
bite you)
If the admin is really causing problems (as I know they can) try explaining
why they shouldn't be doing what they are doing and how it impacts things
overall...
If they don't see the light, then go down the ~lock the node out~ road (and
make sure and save some of the mail messages where you tried to resolve
things in a friendly way.

Dwight