ADSM-L

Re: LTO Cleaning Cartridge Mount Points

2003-01-08 15:15:56
Subject: Re: LTO Cleaning Cartridge Mount Points
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:13:35 +0000
Hot Diggety! Joshua Bassi was rumored to have written:

> Does anybody know offhand the estimated number of cleanings an IBM LTO
> cleaning cartridge supports before it should be disposed of?  Thanks in
> advance.

Exactly 50. ;) It's got a built-in counter on the tape, and the IBM
libraries will report this via front panel LCD (at least, on the 3584,
it does). I believe it returns an error if you try to use it a 51st time,
from my recollection of the manual, but don't hold me to that.

-Dan