ADSM-L

Tivoli Storage Manager upgrade

2003-01-06 22:44:20
Subject: Tivoli Storage Manager upgrade
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:10:24 +0530
Hi

I am going to upgrade Tivoli Storage Manager from 3.7.0 to 5.1.0

I will be backing up necessary files as recommended. I would like to know
while upgrading, which of the options should I use

Install and Update from LATEST Available Software
  Update Installed Software to Latest Level (Update All)
  Install and Update Software by Package Name (includes devices and
printers)
  Install and Update from ALL Available Software

Also I will be loading TDP for Informix in which also I get an API for TSM.
Which should I load ?

Finally, last time when I upgraded TSM on one system, my server and client
could not communicate over shared memory even though I had correct settings,
so I switched over to TCP/IP, Please suggest

Regards

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services (India)