ADSM-L

Re: Link to TSM Clients

2003-01-03 07:11:48
Subject: Re: Link to TSM Clients
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:11:13 -0500
>The web site is a huge improvement over the old site in many ways...

The changes in the Tivoli web site may have improved some things, but
in many ways things are far worse for anyone trying to use that site.
In the past (about a year and a half ago) it used to be relatively easy
to find things, and to position to them.  Now it's almost impossible to
readily find things on the web site - as has been the subject of MANY
postings.  The TSM manuals are a case in point...  In the past we used
to be able to go to a page and, boom, there were all the manuals, ready
to view: just pick one and you're there.  Now you have to plow through
the absurd "Tivoli Information Center", position to the "S" region,
then try to locate anything TSM amongst other Tivoli clutter, and then
you have to go from place to place to look at Messages, then Server docs,
then separately to Clients.  This is patently absurd, and points to
everything that's wrong with Tivoli thinking.  They really seem to
believe that this chaos is beneficial to customers!?  We're back to
the old IBM attitude of defining what customers need rather than
discerning needs, listening, and providing actually useful solutions.

I despair for the * Storage Manager product as long as it is under
the generic amalgam called Tivoli.

  Richard Sims, BU