ADSM-L

Re: SAP TDP Restore

2003-01-03 04:54:34
Subject: Re: SAP TDP Restore
From: "Hooft, Jeroen" <Jeroen.Hooft AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:53:53 +0100
Lawrie

I think this is because when you use SAPDBA, you will use the default
SAP-environment (i am no dba either).

We use the following method (R3 on AIX):
1. Copy the /oracle/SID/sapbackup/*a?f file from Production to Quality
(offline-backup is easier for such a restore). If you restore an online
backup you will also need the /oracle/SID/saparch/arch<SID>.log to get the
DB consistent.
2. Copy the initSID.sap, initSID.utl and initSID.bki files from Production
to Quality
        (located in /oracle/SID/*/dbs)
3. Create link "ln -s /oracle/SPP /oracle/SPQ" (might be redundant)
4. We restore from the command-line, so we can specify which initSID.sap
file to use:
        brrestore -m full -b ??????.aff -p init<SOURCE>.sap

Regards
Jeroen