ADSM-L

API Query - Format unknown

2003-01-02 08:29:52
Subject: API Query - Format unknown
From: Stanfield Alejandro <AStanfie AT PECOM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 10:25:41 -0300
Hi, happy new year to all!!!

Has anyone been able to query the client backup files from a custom program
using the TSM API?
I tried using the dsmapi.exe as a starting point to query backup objects
(made with the GUI/CLI clients) from the TSM API but I'm constantly getting
"format unknown" for files I can see using the GUI:

*** dsmGetNextQObj failed:
ANS1245E (RC122)  Format unknown

It looks like if the API would reject passing info to the DAPISMP.exe app
which was not sent to TSM using the API (I'm able to backup a file using
dapismp.exe and then I get the right results)

Can someone tell me how to bypass this limitation?

Server and clients are all Windows based.
My final objective is to scan the metadata in the server in order to gather
some statistics on versions, sizes, dates, etc

Thanks in advance
Regards
Alex